For the last 10 years, I've tried to keep up a daily practice of reading at least one Psalm per day, and I've been mostly successful at it. Here's my simple structure that any one can do, and August 1 is a great time to jump in, as you'll see in a second.
Every year, on January 1, I start with Psalm 1. Simple enough. I'll read one per day, which puts me at Psalm 30 on January 30. Ok, no rocket science yet. Then on February 1, I keep going with Psalm 31. If you do the math, you'll see that by February 28, I'll be reading Psalm 58, and what I do for March 1, is I go ahead and read Psalms 59, 60, and 61. That way the day of the month coincides with at least the one's places in the Psalm number.
This is an easy way to keep up with daily reading, and it didn't take me long to figure out that every year, I'd finish Psalm 150 (the last Psalm) on June 30. Then as if perfectly orchestrated form eternity past, all 31 days in the month of July match up to the 31 chapters of Proverbs. By August 1, we're ready to start over at Psalm 1 and do the whole thing again, hitting Psalm 150 on November 30, and spending all 31 days of December in the Proverbs. It's almost too perfect.
If you join me on this Psalm journey, I think you'll find that it is a great way to get intimate with the Psalms in a way that's easy to pick back up if you fall behind. Additionally, if each day of the year is attached to a Psalm, it's kind of fun to calculate the Psalm of the day for your birthday! You'll never guess what mine is. October 29, the infamous Psalm 119.
Go do the math and let me know what your birthday Psalm is.
Much Love and happy Psalm-ing
Dustin
|
FIRST SUNDAY CONNECTIONS LUNCH
TOMORROW
|
Join us on the first Sunday of each month as we enjoy getting to know each other over lunch at Rosa's Cantina on Precinct Line. After the 11 am service, we will head there and have tables for Wellspring folks. The menu is varied, the food is good, and the meals are reasonably priced.
|
MEMBERSHIP INTEREST LUNCH
SUNDAY, AUGUST 9, 12:45PM
FAMILY LIFE CENTER |
If you are new to Wellspring, we invite you to meet the pastors and learn more about getting connected. Plan to attend the Membership Interest Lunch on August 10. Email office@wellspringdfw.org to register, and please let us know if you have children who will require childcare.
|
BAPTISMS
SUNDAY, AUGUST 16 |
Baptism is an exciting and powerful expression of your commitment to Christ. If you are interested in getting baptized, please email office@wellspringdfw.org, and you will be contacted with further details.
|
MANCHURCH
RANGERS GAME
SATURDAY, AUGUST 22, 4:15 PM |
⚾ ManChurch Rangers Game
Men of Wellspring, join us for a fun evening with your children at a Texas Rangers game!
Click here to sign up today—we'd love to have you join us!
|
SAVE THE DATE MANCHURCH RETREAT
OCTOBER 23-24 |
Men of Wellspring, mark your calendars for the upcoming ManChurch Retreat! More details, registration, and retreat information will be coming soon. You won't want to miss this weekend of fellowship, encouragement, and growing deeper in your walk with Christ.
|
Missed Sunday’s message? Catch up anytime, listen online and stay connected to what God is doing in our church family.
|
|
©2026 Wellspring Church
7300 Smithfield Rd, North Richland Hills, TX 76182
Unsubscribe
Comments
Post a Comment